Are you planning your perfect golf trip to Canada? If so, you will find our guide to the top golf courses in Canada very helpful. Whether you are looking for a challenging course that’s not too long, a resort with prize-winning food and wine, or one close to the ski slopes, this list has it all!
What Are The Best Golf Courses in Canada?
When it comes to golfing in Canada, there are plenty of great options to choose from. Here are the five best golf courses in Canada:
1. Royal Montreal Golf Club
This 18-hole course is a must-play if you’re visiting Montreal. The course is well-maintained and features a variety of challenges, including a narrow fairway and uphill finishing hole.
2. Glen Abbey Golf Club
Glen Abbey is one of Canada’s most renowned golf clubs and it’s easy to see why. The course features beautiful views of the Ottawa River and rolling hills, making it an ideal spot for a round of golf.
3. Gleneagles Golf Course/Banff National Park
If you’re looking for a more scenic course, Gleneagles is the place to go. The layout winds its way through the Banff National Park, providing plenty of opportunity for spectacular bird watching along the way.
4. Kingswood Country Club/Halton Hills Country Club
Kingswood and Halton Hills both offer championship-level golf at an unbeatable price point – perfect for those on a budget! Both courses feature beautiful landscapes and challenging layouts that will have you coming back for more.
How to Play Golf Courses in Canada?
Playing golf can be a great way to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Here are five tips on how to play the sport:
1. Choose the right golf course. There are many different courses available in Canada, so it is important to choose the one that is right for you. Some courses are easier than others, and some are more challenging.
2. Dress appropriately for the weather. You can play golf in a variety of weather conditions, so it is important to dress accordingly. In summertime, wear lightweight clothing and sunscreen; in wintertime, bring proper gear and attire for cold weather conditions.
3. Practice makes perfect! Golf takes time and practice to get good at it, so start practicing as soon as you can. The better you get, the less frustrating your experience will be on the green.
4. Have fun! Playing golf should be enjoyable, so make sure to enjoy yourself while playing. Don’t take everything too seriously – it is to be a fun activity!
5. Be patient – sometimes things don’t go as planned on the golf course, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up quickly! Persist until you hit your target – eventually things will fall into place
Pros and Cons of Golfing
Golfing is a popular sport enjoyed by millions of people around the world. In Canada, there are many great golf courses to choose from, and each has its own unique pros and cons. Here are five of the best golf courses in Canada:
1) The Glen Abbey Golf Club – This course is located in rural Ontario, and it features some of the most spectacular views in all of Canada. The greens are smooth, and the fairways are wide and forgiving. This is a great course for beginners or experienced players looking for an easy round.
2) Royal Liverpool Golf Club – This prestigious club is located on the shores of Lake Mersey in Liverpool, England. The layout at Royal Liverpool is known for its dramatic seaside setting and challenging greens. It’s perfect for those who love a challenging round of golf.
3) Hillcrest Country Club – Hillcrest features one of the most beautiful settings in all of Toronto. The course was designed by renowned golf architect Alister MacKenzie, and it offers a challenge for both experienced players and newcomers alike.
4) Beacon Point Golf Club – Beacon Point is located near Victoria, British Columbia, and it’s also known for its dramatic ocean views. The layout at Beacon Point is well-maintained, but it can be quite challenging for even the most experience golfer.
5) Deer Valley Resort & Spa – Deer Valley Resort & Spa is located in Park City, Utah
The Best Golf Courses In Canada: A Detailed Guide
The best golf courses in Canada is found in some of the most beautiful locations. Whether you’re looking for a challenging course with stunning scenery or a more relaxed option, each one offers its own unique experience. Here are five of the best golf courses in Canada:
1. Glen Abbey Golf and Country Club – Located in Oakville, Ont., Glen Abbey Golf and Country Club is widely known to be one of the top golf courses in North America. With 6,753 yards of fairways and 67 bunkers, this course will test even the most experienced golfer. The course is also home to the Canadian Open, which is held every two years.
2. The Royal Baskerville Golf Club – In Milton, Ont., The Royal Baskerville Golf Club is known for its dramatic 18-hole layout that features waterfalls and dense forest on both sides of the fairways. One of the club’s signature features is its nine-hole “Royal” course, which was made by Harry Vardon and open in 1916.
3. Shawinigan Falls Golf Resort – Nestled between Saguenay Fjord and Mount Norquay Park in Québec, Shawinigan Falls Golf Resort offers a picturesque setting for a round of golf. With 18 holes spanning over 6,280 yards of championship quality greens, this resort has something for everyone. The resort also features an 18-hole executive course as well as a facility for putting green and golf academy facilities.
Canadians love to play golf, and there are also a number of great courses across the country that offer some of the best experiences in all of golf. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, we’ve put together a list of the top golf courses in Canada. So whether you’re looking for an adrenalin-pumping round of golf or just want to take a break from the city life, these courses will have you covered!
- Visit The Best Golf Courses in Canada - November 25,
- Improve Your Game by Finding The Best Golf Courses - November 18,
- Best Golf Courses in US to Play - November 10,